Active Shooter Response Instructor
3 days / 24 hours
- Mental Preparedness
- Formulating a plan
- Entering the 'Zone'
- Search tactics in a high threat environment
- Threat analysis/ on-scene intel
- Cornering & Intersection techniques
- Room entry and clearing techniques
- 2, 3, and 4 man teams
- Developing a training plan for your 1st responders
- Ancillary equipment considerations
- Integrating off duty, plainclothes, 1st responders, and SRT
Estimated round count:
- 300 rounds patrol rifle
- 150 rounds handgun*
*For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required. Ammunition is available for purchase at the Epping facility only. Call for details.
**Steel cased ammunition and steel core bullets are NOT permitted to be used in Academy firearms**Equipment List:
Tuition includes the following:
- Duty Patrol Rifle
- Handgun w/ 3 magazines
- Duty gear to include body armor
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Hat with brim
- Hydration system or water bottle
- Hearing protection
All marking cartridge ammunition
Free loan of any needed equipment (SIG SAUER pistols, rifles, holsters, safety equipment, etc.)
20% discount on SIG SAUER firearms purchased during the course from the Academy Pro Shop.
20% discount on genuine SIG SAUER parts and accessories from the Academy Pro Shop purchased during the course.
20% discount on future course tuition if you register during the course (Guest Instructor courses excluded)