Handgun Orientation (Handgun 101)
1 day / 8 hours
- Responsible Firearms Ownership and Applications of the Handgun
- Firearms Safety for the home, workplace, and vehicle
- Safety Concerns and Practices While Training and While Carrying a Firearm
- Safe Use and Handling of Firearms
- Locking Devices and Techniques for Firearms to Prevent Unauthorized Access
- Potential Dangers (penetration, ricochet, misidentification, accidental discharges, etc.)
- Ready Positions
- Components and Operation of Modern Pistols and Revolvers
- Types, Components, and Purposes of Modern Ammunition
- Applicable Laws relating to the possession, transportation, and storage of firearms
- General Guidelines on interstate travel with firearms
- Administrative Loading and Unloading of pistols and revolvers
- Fundamentals of Basic Shooting Techniques
- Preventative Maintenance (cleaning, maintenance, inspection, and safe storage)
There is no need to bring any firearms or ammunition to this course.
Please wear long pants with pockets, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines). Tuition includes the following:
- Course manual
- All ammunition
Free loan of any needed equipment (SIG SAUER pistols, holsters, safety equipment, etc.)
20% discount on genuine SIG SAUER parts and accessories from the Academy Pro Shop purchased during the course.
20% discount on future course tuition if you register during the course (Guest Instructor courses excluded)
20% discount on SIG SAUER firearms purchased during the course from the Academy Pro Shop.