Basic Practical Handgun Skills (Handgun 102) for Women
1 day / 8 hours
- Handgun Selection Considerations
- Support Equipment
- Shooting Basics - the Importance of Proper Grip, Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Stance, Trigger Control and Follow Through
- Presentation of the Handgun from the Holster to the Target and Safe Recovery Back to the Holster
- Administrative and In-service Loading and Unloading Techniques
- Static Shooting Positions
- Cleaning and Maintenance
Estimated round count: 250 rounds.
For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition is required. Ammunition is available for purchase at the Epping facility only.
Please wear long pants with pockets and belt loops, a sturdy 1.5" belt, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines).Tuition includes the following:
- Course manual
- Free loan of any needed equipment (SIG SAUER pistols, rifles, holsters, safety equipment, etc.) [You may bring your own handgun, holster, and mag pouch. Calibers allowed include .380, .38SPL, 9MM, .357SIG, .40S&W, and .45ACP. Revolver shooters should bring a minimum of 4 speed loaders, moon clips or speed strips.]
- 20% discount on genuine SIG SAUER parts and accessories from the Academy Pro Shop purchased during the course.
- 20% discount on future course tuition if you register during the course (Guest Instructor courses excluded)