Looking to become faster and more accurate for defensive or competitive shooting?
Advanced Pistol Marksmanship places a heavy emphasis on process oriented technical marksmanship to solve various marksmanship challenges. The goal of this course is to take the shooter through a series of logically organized problems, and equip the shooter with the ability to solve them. This is a one-day program. Taught by instructors Jerry Jones, Bruce Gray, Doug Flavin, and/or HR Hawkins.
This is not a basic class. At minimum, students should have taken a basic handgun safety course and have experience with their firearm and gear. We expect students to have experience shooting on a line in a safe manner, including loading, reloading and shooting from the holster. Shooters with IDPA, USPSA, NRA Action Pistol, 3-Gun, law enforcement and military experience meet program prerequisites.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
This has been described as a very mentally challenging course that pays a dividend in overall technical skills. This is the one-day version of this class. Objectives will be achieved with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Understanding “visual patience” and applying it to technical marksmanship
- Cultivating the ability to drive the gun aggressively
- Understanding technical marksmanship concepts and how to apply them to the tactical/defensive and practical competition world
- Understanding value based training drills
- Understanding process oriented marksmanship versus results oriented
- Pistol in one of the following calibers: 9MM, .40S&W, .357 SIG, or .45 ACP
- A minimum 25 dummy rounds specific to your pistol
- Kydex belt or paddle holster
- A minimum of four magazines (a couple more if single stack)
- Some safe means to carry magazines, on your person, to recharge your firearm two times (e.g. two magazine carriers/pouches)
- Wraparound eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Cleaning and maintenance supplies for daily pistol maintenance
- Appropriate clothing for the weather, with sunscreen and bug spray as needed
- Pen and notebook
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 600 to 800 rounds handgun
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase at the Epping facility only