Mastering close quarter combative techniques when using a long gun (rifle or carbine) is especially important considering that most deadly force encounters occur at near contact distances.
Students will receive instruction on long gun handling in various situations, including how to set up quickly, rapid engagements, as well as weapon retention.
This is an advanced level class. Must have a high degree of proficiency with the long gun and be physically able to shoot from alternative positions. At a minimum, Defensive Rifle or equivalent is required.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Principles of close quarters engagements
- Point vs. precision shooting
- Strike and shoot techniques
- Closing on the threat
- Retention techniques
- Using the long gun as a stand-off device
- The contact shot and dealing with multiple threats in close proximity
- Primary weapon with sling (semi-automatic rifle/carbine)
- Semi-automatic pistol in one of the following calibers: .380, 9MM, .357SIG, .40S&W, or .45ACP (no other calibers allowed)
- 3 magazines
- Belt mounted, dominant side holster or duty rig
- Body armor (optional)
- Magazine pouches
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather
- Hydration system
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 300 rounds rifle/carbine, 100 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only