Obtain a solid foundation of defensive handgun skills and techniques for concealed carry and personal defense in this course. This class fulfills the Massachusetts Department of State Police's requirements for the Basic Firearms Safety Course needed to obtain a License to Carry (LTC).
This class is for individuals who intend to carry a concealed defensive pistol and are seeking handgun skills for self-defense in their everyday environment.
This is not an entry level class. At a minimum, students must have completed Intermediate Practical Handgun Skills (Handgun 103) or equivalent.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Firearms safety
- Safety concerns and practices while carrying concealed
- Choosing a concealed carry firearm
- Selecting concealed carry equipment
- Presentation of the firearm from a concealed carry posture
- Defensive pistol marksmanship fundamentals
- Close proximity shooting techniques for violent encounters
- One-handed operation
- Multiple shot techniques
- Identification and utilization of cover
- Overview of alternative carry techniques
- Utilization of force in self-defense, both lethal and less lethal
- Pistol inspection and maintenance
This concealed carry course will be held in one of our indoor ranges during the winter months (November-March)
- Semi-auto pistol in one of the following calibers: .380, 9MM, .357SIG, .40S&W, or .45ACP
- Minimum 3, 15 round magazines or equivalent
- Belt mounted, outside the waitstband holster
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster
- Magazine/ammunition pouch
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Concealment jacket or vest
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather
- Multiple layers of clothing (Winter, Fall, etc.)
- Hydration system
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 600 rounds handgun
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only
Fulfills the Massachusetts Dept. of State Police's requirements for the Basic Firearms Safety Course needed to obtain a License to Carry (LTC) under 515 CMR 3.05(1)(b). This course may fulfill requirements of other states and jurisdictions for obtaining various resident and non-resident handgun permits