This is a one day comprehensive course designed to provide LE first responders with tactics to defeat ambush-style attacks.
Officers will quickly be instructed and guided through dry movements, live fire movements, and force on target movements, utilizing a combination of rifle and pistol applications. These counter ambush techniques and tactics are tried, proven, and most importantly simple to execute immediately with minimal training. Graduates can easily take the skills learned back to their agency for train-the-trainer implementation department wide.
This course is restricted to current law enforcement personnel ONLY.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Common methods of attack
- Gear considerations for everyday patrol/carry
- React to contact/gunfire
- Break contact/cover down
- React to a near ambush (counter ambush)
- React to a far ambush/sniper
- React to an explosive ambush
In order to receive a certificate of completion, students will attend 8 hours of training. Students will be required to demonstrate the ability to properly react to a variety of dismounted and mounted ambush scenarios.
- Patrol rifle w/ sling and 3 magazines
- Duty pistol w/ 3 magazines
- Duty gear/belt
- Body armor
- Appropriate range utility uniform/clothing
- Eye/ear protection
- Knee pads
Optional Gear - chest rig/plate carrier, ballistic helmet, elbow pads, battle belt
- Estimated round count: 350 rounds pistol, 350 rounds rifle, 100 rounds FRANGIBLE rifle
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only