The dynamic performance pistol course is designed to put the shooter through a series of challenging drills to measure performance on demand.
Every course is scored and recorded for evaluation and future comparisons. This course will involve drills designed to improve the shooters performance on demand balancing speed and accuracy at various distances. The skills performance on demand will be used on drills incorporating rapid movement between shooting stances and positions. Shooters will be required to move rapidly between 5 and 50 yards on many of the drills during this course. The drills will challenge every shooter regardless of skill sets both mentally and physically.
This course is designed for shooters that have attended the SIG SAUER Academy Handgun 104 course or equivalent. This course is a physically demanding course, requiring students to move rapidly between positions of up to 50 yards. Students must be realistic about their physical condition and gun handling skills if considering attending this course. Background checks are required, unless the student has a permit to carry from his/her state of residency or is a sworn law enforcement officer, corrections officer, private licensed security, or US Military personnel. Documented completion of a basic handgun safety course is required.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Understanding Performance Based Training
- Strict Focus on Accuracy
- Methods of exiting shooting positions
- Proper entry into shooting positions
- How to effectively shoot on the move
- Calling your shots
- Multiple target engagement
- Understanding the proper use of a shot timer during training
- Handgun, major caliber 9MM, 357 SIG, 40 S&W, 45 ACP
- Dominant side, hip-mounted holster or dominant side, belt-mounted holster
- Magazine pouch
- 3 magazines
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather
- Hydration system
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Recommend electronic hearing protection or earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 1000 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only.