After a brief assessment, instructors will run the students through the gauntlet of defensive handgun drills designed to increase time on target and performance.
Handgun 104 is a fast-paced course with one common objective: surviving a deadly force encounter armed with a handgun. This is not an entry level course; students are expected to have already mastered basic handgun skills, safety, and foundational shooting drills.
This is an intermediate level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster.
We strongly recommend completion of Handgun 103 or its equivalent prior to registering for this course.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Responsible firearms ownership and defensive applications of the pistol
- Firearms safety that works - in the home, workplace, vehicle, in training, and in carry
- Selection of a defensive pistol and accessories
- Selection of defensive and training ammunition
- Understanding what constitutes a deadly threat
- Review of tactical communication, searching and scanning, and threat identification
- Dealing with multiple threats
- Turning and shooting
- Shooting while moving
- Non-standard shooting positions
- Utilization of cover and concealment
- Single Hand Only shooting and manipulations
- Intro to Shooting in low-light conditions
- Tourniquet overview and application
- Decision making scenarios with UTMs
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol – no micro pistols or pocket pistols. Full size and compact pistols only.
- 3 magazines minimum
- Optional, loading devices
- Belt mounted, dominant side holster
- Magazine/loading device pouch(es)
- Handheld flashlight (Streamlight, Surefire, etc.)
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather, pants must have belt loops
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 500 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only