The bad guys have the luxury of choosing when and where they will attack, and more often than not, such encounters occur in low light environments.
Whether dealing with domestic, building, or outdoor scenarios, this course covers the essentials of light equipment selection, weapon-mounted or hand-held light sources, and techniques for effective search, navigation, target identification, and engagement of potential threats.
This is an intermediate level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- The human eye and how it works in low light
- Movement in low light
- Selection of support equipment used in low light (flashlights, weapon mounted lights, night sites)
- Alternative uses for the flashlight
- Survival techniques with or without an alternative light source
- Use of weapons mounted lights
- Dry and live fire drills utilizing weapons mounted lights and alternative light techniques
- Pistol or revolver in one of the following calibers: .380, 9MM, .357SIG, ,38SPL, .357 Magnum, .40S&W, or .45ACP (no other calibers allowed)
- 3 magazines or 4 speedloaders/moon clips/speed strips minimum
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster or duty rig
- Magazine/ammunition pouches
- Handheld flashlight
- Weapon mounted light with suitable holster (optional)
- Sturdy Belt at least 1.5” wide
- Concealment jacket or vest (optional)
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather (unless training in duty uniform)
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
- Knee Pads
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 350 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only