This two day intensive course covers the next generation of active shooter response, MACTAC (Multi-Assault, Counter Terrorism Action Capabilities).
Topics covered include a MACTAC overview, small unit tactics, immediate action drills, Rescue Task Force, and force on force scenarios.
This course is limited to current law enforcement and current military only. This is the fourth and fifth days of Active Shooter Response Instructor. Active Shooter Response Instructor is NOT a prerequisite for the MACTAC course.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Historical overview of MACTAC and the way forward
- Multi-agency link ups
- Fratricide mitigation
- Small unit and urban movement techniques
- Delineating the warm zone
- Establishing the CCP
- Rescue Task Force movements and formations
- Patrol Rifle w/ 2 magazines (this course includes UTM drills, we have blue bolts if you bring your own rifle, or students can borrow a UTM rifle from the Academy)
- Duty gear to include body armor
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Hat with brim
- Hydration system or water bottle
- Hearing protection
- Estimated round count: 50 rounds 5.56 marking cartridges (UTM)
- Ammo MUST be purchased through the Academy for this course