In a world of evolution stay on the front line. With pistol mounted reflex sights quickly gaining popularity, learn and understand its true advantages.
From low light environments to aged eye shooters, accuracy at all distances, how to zero a red dot on a pistol, and so much more, Electro Optic advantage will be evident upon completion of this one day course.
This is an intermediate level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. At a minimum, student must be a graduate of Intermediate Practical Handgun Skills (103).
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Understanding types of red dots and mounting options
- How to properly sight in (zero)
- Equipment maintenance
- Application of marksmanship fundamentals
- Initial sight acquisition
- Advantages and limitations
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol with Reflex (red dot) sight mounted
- P320 RX loaners are available to students
- 3 magazines minimum
- Loading devices (optional)
- Belt mounted, dominant side holster
- Magazine/loading device pouch(es)
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5" wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather, pants must have belt loops
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
- Estimated round count: 400 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only
Full size P320 RX pistols will be available for students to use during class, free of charge