In today's world, there is a need to conduct live-fire entry training to meet legal and moral challenges that law enforcement and military personnel face in a use-of-force situation.
To address this crucial area, agencies have adopted live-fire decision making training in a "shoothouse" environment. In this course, students create, design and conduct safe, yet realistic live-fire training scenarios, which force them to think as well as shoot. Students who successfully complete the course will receive an instructor certification valid for three (3) years.
Must have attended a previous 1-week firearms instructor course from a nationally recognized teaching institution or police academy. Armed professionals only.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Shoothouse safety considerations
- Integration of conventional range training with shoothouse instruction
- Selecting and utilizing target systems
- Instructor responsibilities
- Instructor/student ratios
- Training plan design
- Adapting the training plan to fit the user group
- Team tactics scenarios
In order to receive a certificate of completion, students will be required to attend 24 hours of training. Students must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to safely plan, observe and execute individual and team training events in a ballistic shoothouse. Students will demonstrate proper teaching techniques during student-centered learning training exercises.
- Patrol rifle with 3 magazines minimum
- Semi-auto pistol with 3 magazines minimum
- Duty rig or belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster
- Magazine pouches
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather, pants must have belt loops
- Body armor
- Hat with a brim
- Hydration system
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Estimated round count: 200 rounds pistol, 100 rounds FRANGIBLE pistol; 200 rounds rifle, 100 rounds FRANGIBLE rifle
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase at the Epping facility only