The SIG (Simple is Good) principle of small arms training is world renowned for its remarkable success, lack of convention, and utter simplicity.
The Master Instructor Certification is designed for the agency primary firearms instructor, teaching administrator, or senior instructor committed to maximizing the effectiveness of his or her program and instructors. Blending over 30 years of high-level competitive, law enforcement, and military special programs training into a concise philosophical and practical application for today’s armed professional, these courses allow instructors to analyze their current curriculum and practices for overall performance enhancement. Students who successfully complete the course will receive an instructor certification valid for three (3) years in the use and instruction of pistols. Students previously certified as SIG Sauer Pistol Instructor will be re-certified as an instructor and valid for a three (3) year period.
Attendees must be a previously certified firearms instructor through the SIG SAUER Academy or certified through another nationally recognized instructor development program (5 day minimum). Call for clarification.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
We hold our instructors to the absolute highest standard and we teach to the absolute highest standard. The SIG SAUER Academy wants to ensure all attendees have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet course standards. However, we understand each shooter is different and each shooter learns at a different level. Therefore, qualification standards allow students to quickly assess their abilities in a controlled environment in order to prepare them for the next level of training. We talk the talk and walk the walk. All SIG SAUER Academy instructors are required to pass a semiannual master level qualification course in order to maintain instructor status.
The shooting qualification is specifically developed to test the skills, safety, and techniques taught in this course. The qualification and standard will not be posted or made available.
The following is a course outline of what you can expect to cover:
- SIG SAUER Academy Principles of Firearms Training
- Understanding Objective Based Training
- Understanding the application of Adult Learning Theory to Firearms Training
- Understanding Performance Based Training versus Outcome Based Training
- Understanding and teaching visual input necessary for success
- Adult learning styles for performance improvement
- Breaking down the barriers of conventional training
- Inoculating the new shooter
- Foundational drills and skills for repeatable success
- The law of non-arguable 'Y's
- Establish metrics for program success
- Incorporating Video Analysis for improving performance
This course will be held in one of our indoor ranges during the winter months (November-March)
In order to receive a certificate of completion, students will be required to demonstrate proper safe gun handling of a pistol in any environment through attending 16 hours of training. Candidates will demonstrate proper application of the fundamentals of shooting and weapon manipulations through a series of challenging evaluation courses adhering to specific target standards established by the SIG SAUER Academy.
- Pistol in good working order with at least 3 magazines
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Belt mounted, dominant side holster
- Magazine pouch
- Hearing protection
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Comfortable clothing
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses, and hearing protection at the Epping facility only.
- Estimated round count: 800 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase at the Epping facility only