The program content focuses on the mechanical functioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and field repair of the SIG SAUER MPX platform.
This is a hands-on program that teaches and guides each participant through all armorer operations, step by step with the instructor. Active participation in disassembly and assembly procedures coupled with question and answer periods provide the type of learning environment favorable for the retention of the material. Written and practical exams are administered to test the working knowledge of each participant. The curriculum enables armorers to develop a maintenance program on the inspection and servicing of the SIG SAUER MPX platform for their agency. Following successful program completion, certification/re-certification to perform these procedures is valid for a period of three (3) years.
- An examination of the SIG SAUER MPX weapon system
- Disassembly and assembly procedures: upper group, lower group, magazines
- A thorough examination for all rifle operations
- Inspection procedure
- Operational function checks
- Cycle of operation
- Sights: installation, adjustment