A full day of pistol shooting drills led by seasoned and knowledgeable Academy instructors will significantly sharpen student gun handling, speed, and accuracy.
At our state-of-the-art facility, students don't just practice, they practice correctly. This is the ideal diagnostic and improvement course for the intermediate and advanced level shooter.
This is an intermediate level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. At a minimum, student must be a graduate of Handgun 103.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from handgun training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
While instructors in this course will formulate an agenda and course of fire based on the needs of the students, drills and techniques will include:
- Handgun Selection Considerations
- Support Equipment Considerations and Placement
- Review Fundamentals of Shooting (Proper Grip, Sight Alignment and Picture, Trigger Control, and Follow Through)
- Loading, Unloading and Reloading
- Status Checks
- Presentation of the Handgun from and to the Holster
- Static Shooting Positions
- Single Hand Techniques
- Move, Stop, and Shoot
- Multiple Shots
- Multiple Targets
- Basic use of cover
- Situational Awareness and Target Scan
- Preventative Maintenance
- Pistol or revolver in one of the following calibers: .380, 9MM, .357SIG, .38SPL, .357 Magnum, .40S&W, or .45ACP
- 3 magazines or 4 speedloaders/moon clips/speed strips minimum
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster or duty rig
- Magazine/ammunition pouches
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Concealment jacket or vest (optional)
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather (unless training in duty uniform)
- Hydration system
- Sunscreen and bugspray
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 500 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only