Short on time? No problem. This course covers pistol skill building range exercises in a condensed, 4-hour format.
Our instructors will challenge you to reach your highest potential, focusing on proper technique and form in order to improve speed and accuracy. This course offers the ideal routine tune-up for self-defense or competition as well as a refresher for more advanced courses.
This is an intermediate level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. At a minimum, student must be a graduate of Intermediate Practical Handgun Skills (103).
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
While instructors in this course will formulate an agenda and course of fire based on the needs of the students, drills and techniques will include:
- Efficient presentation/draw techniques
- Fundamental marksmanship
- Alternative shooting positions
- Single hand techniques
- Immediate action
- Multiple target engagements
- Pistol or revolver in one of the following calibers: .380, 9MM, .357SIG, .38SPL, .357 Magnum, .40S&W, or .45ACP
3 magazines or 4 speedloaders/moon clips/speed strips minimum
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster or duty rig
- Magazine/ammunition pouches
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Concealment jacket or vest (optional)
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather (unless training in duty uniform)
- Hydration system
- Sunscreen and bugspray
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 250 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition MAY BE required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only
This class was previously called Skill Builder: Pistol at Night.