Designed to test and improve the skills of the modern semi-automatic rifle/carbine user, this course focuses on range exercises to develop rifle handling, manipulation, marksmanship, and maintenance.
No lectures, no sitting around, just drill after drill with experienced instructors offering coaching and guidance.
This is an intermediate level class. Completion of Defensive Rifle or an equivalent 2-day rifle course required. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, and foundational marksmanship skills.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
While instructors in this rifle/carbine training course will formulate an agenda and course of fire based on the needs of the students, drills and techniques will include:
- Rifle/carbine carry and presentation
- Fundamental marksmanship
- Shooting while moving
- Alternative shooting positions
- Immediate action
- Multiple target engagement
- And more …
- Reliable, mechanically sound semi-automatic rifle or carbine with sling
- 3 magazines
- Magazine pouches
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- 3 magazines
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather
- Hydration system
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 500 rounds rifle, 100 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only