This is a fun, fast-paced, 1-day pistol course designed to put the student through 30 different drills using static and knock down steel plates. Students will establish base line performance times on a variety of drills and learn to balance speed with accuracy.
Every drill in this course will involve one or all of the following: static multiple target engagements, move-stop and shoot, shooting on the move, multiple target engagement on the move, and running to positions. The drills are designed to challenge the individual shooter to improve their performance based upon their individual skill set.
This course is designed for intermediate and above students. This course is will have bursts of energetic activity throughout. Students will be required to rapidly move between shooting stances and shooting positions on multiple targets. Drills will incorporate moving and running to positions at distances up to 20 yards.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Strict focus on accuracy
- Shooting on the move
- Move stop and shoot
- Set up into position
- Calling your shots
- Multiple target engagement
- Handgun, major caliber 9MM, 357 SIG, 40 S&W, 45 ACP
- Dominant side, hip-mounted holster or dominant side, belt-mounted holster
- Magazine pouch
- 3 magazines
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather
- Hydration system
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Recommend electronic hearing protection or earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 700 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only