This course will introduce the tactical officer to Hostage Rescue Techniques (HRT).
HRT fundamentals of room clearing, distraction device deployment, mechanical breaching, planning, execution and hostage holding area procedures will be covered. The primary options for hostage rescue will include strong hold options, open air options (sniper), and mobile options (vehicle).
Current Law Enforcement or Military members ONLY.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- HRT overview
- Individual and team movements
- Surgical firearms training
- Strong hold options
- Stealth to contact
- Open air options
- Mobile option
- Covered Pile tactics
- Vehicle assaults
- Tactical rescue
- Tubular assaults
- Tactical movement under NVGs (provided by SSA if needed)
In order to receive a certificate of completion, students will attend 40 hours of training. Students will demonstrate the proper organization, planning and execution of a hostage rescue operation.
- Semi-automatic pistol with 3 magazines
- Semi-automatic rifle with 3 magazines
- Tactical ballistic vest
- Tactical uniform
- Nomex gloves
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection
- Gas mask
- Gun belt
- Knee pads
- Estimated round count: 400 rounds pistol; 400 rounds rifle, 100 rounds FRANGIBLE rifle; 50 5.56mm marking cartridges (UTM)
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only
Please note, this course is open to current Law Enforcement or Military members ONLY.